Nov 8, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
The Marlins seem to be in on everyone. Jose Reyes. Yoenis Cespedes. Heck, there are even multiple reports out there that they’re going to get into the Albert Pujols/Prince Fielder game. Next up, though: Mark Buehrle. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Marilins will meet with him today.
Buehrle would certainly help a Marlins rotation that, those big names above aside, is what Miami needs to focus on most, but it’s unclear that the Buehrle wants to actually, you know, go there. Yes, Ozzie Guillen is the manager Buehrle has known for the last eight seasons, but he’s also from Missouri and it’s been widely suggested that he wants to go to St. Louis. Of course, that’s sort of up to St. Louis, and there hasn’t been any suggestion as of yet that they’re interested.
Anyway, heady times for the Marlins who have basically been mentioned in connection with all of the major free agents in the past week.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)