Nov 8, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
The Marlins seem to be in on everyone. Jose Reyes. Yoenis Cespedes. Heck, there are even multiple reports out there that they’re going to get into the Albert Pujols/Prince Fielder game. Next up, though: Mark Buehrle. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Marilins will meet with him today.
Buehrle would certainly help a Marlins rotation that, those big names above aside, is what Miami needs to focus on most, but it’s unclear that the Buehrle wants to actually, you know, go there. Yes, Ozzie Guillen is the manager Buehrle has known for the last eight seasons, but he’s also from Missouri and it’s been widely suggested that he wants to go to St. Louis. Of course, that’s sort of up to St. Louis, and there hasn’t been any suggestion as of yet that they’re interested.
Anyway, heady times for the Marlins who have basically been mentioned in connection with all of the major free agents in the past week.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)