Nov 8, 2011, 8:15 AM EST
The Marlins seem to be in on everyone. Jose Reyes. Yoenis Cespedes. Heck, there are even multiple reports out there that they’re going to get into the Albert Pujols/Prince Fielder game. Next up, though: Mark Buehrle. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Marilins will meet with him today.
Buehrle would certainly help a Marlins rotation that, those big names above aside, is what Miami needs to focus on most, but it’s unclear that the Buehrle wants to actually, you know, go there. Yes, Ozzie Guillen is the manager Buehrle has known for the last eight seasons, but he’s also from Missouri and it’s been widely suggested that he wants to go to St. Louis. Of course, that’s sort of up to St. Louis, and there hasn’t been any suggestion as of yet that they’re interested.
Anyway, heady times for the Marlins who have basically been mentioned in connection with all of the major free agents in the past week.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)