Nov 8, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
The Marlins seem to be in on everyone. Jose Reyes. Yoenis Cespedes. Heck, there are even multiple reports out there that they’re going to get into the Albert Pujols/Prince Fielder game. Next up, though: Mark Buehrle. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Marilins will meet with him today.
Buehrle would certainly help a Marlins rotation that, those big names above aside, is what Miami needs to focus on most, but it’s unclear that the Buehrle wants to actually, you know, go there. Yes, Ozzie Guillen is the manager Buehrle has known for the last eight seasons, but he’s also from Missouri and it’s been widely suggested that he wants to go to St. Louis. Of course, that’s sort of up to St. Louis, and there hasn’t been any suggestion as of yet that they’re interested.
Anyway, heady times for the Marlins who have basically been mentioned in connection with all of the major free agents in the past week.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 2
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 21
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 39
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4