Nov 8, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
The Marlins seem to be in on everyone. Jose Reyes. Yoenis Cespedes. Heck, there are even multiple reports out there that they’re going to get into the Albert Pujols/Prince Fielder game. Next up, though: Mark Buehrle. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Marilins will meet with him today.
Buehrle would certainly help a Marlins rotation that, those big names above aside, is what Miami needs to focus on most, but it’s unclear that the Buehrle wants to actually, you know, go there. Yes, Ozzie Guillen is the manager Buehrle has known for the last eight seasons, but he’s also from Missouri and it’s been widely suggested that he wants to go to St. Louis. Of course, that’s sort of up to St. Louis, and there hasn’t been any suggestion as of yet that they’re interested.
Anyway, heady times for the Marlins who have basically been mentioned in connection with all of the major free agents in the past week.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8