Nov 8, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar, Jr. is already scheduled to interview for the Red Sox managerial opening tomorrow, but Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com hears that he will also interview with the Cubs later this week.
Alomar isn’t exactly a surprise candidate with Chicago, but this is the first confirmation of an interview. The six-time All-Star catcher has served as first base coach for the Indians for the past two seasons and was recently promoted to the position of bench coach by manager Manny Acta.
The Cubs have already met with Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin and Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum. While Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux withdrew his name from consideration for Boston’s managerial job yesterday, he is still scheduled to interview with the Cubs tomorrow.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)