Nov 8, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar, Jr. is already scheduled to interview for the Red Sox managerial opening tomorrow, but Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com hears that he will also interview with the Cubs later this week.
Alomar isn’t exactly a surprise candidate with Chicago, but this is the first confirmation of an interview. The six-time All-Star catcher has served as first base coach for the Indians for the past two seasons and was recently promoted to the position of bench coach by manager Manny Acta.
The Cubs have already met with Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin and Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum. While Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux withdrew his name from consideration for Boston’s managerial job yesterday, he is still scheduled to interview with the Cubs tomorrow.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)