Nov 8, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar, Jr. is already scheduled to interview for the Red Sox managerial opening tomorrow, but Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com hears that he will also interview with the Cubs later this week.
Alomar isn’t exactly a surprise candidate with Chicago, but this is the first confirmation of an interview. The six-time All-Star catcher has served as first base coach for the Indians for the past two seasons and was recently promoted to the position of bench coach by manager Manny Acta.
The Cubs have already met with Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin and Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum. While Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux withdrew his name from consideration for Boston’s managerial job yesterday, he is still scheduled to interview with the Cubs tomorrow.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)