Nov 8, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar, Jr. is already scheduled to interview for the Red Sox managerial opening tomorrow, but Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com hears that he will also interview with the Cubs later this week.
Alomar isn’t exactly a surprise candidate with Chicago, but this is the first confirmation of an interview. The six-time All-Star catcher has served as first base coach for the Indians for the past two seasons and was recently promoted to the position of bench coach by manager Manny Acta.
The Cubs have already met with Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin and Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum. While Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux withdrew his name from consideration for Boston’s managerial job yesterday, he is still scheduled to interview with the Cubs tomorrow.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 2
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 12
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 8
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles