Nov 8, 2011, 4:44 PM EST
As expected, Terry Francona interviewed with the Cardinals today, meeting with team chairman Bill DeWitt Jr. at his private equity firm in Cincinnati.
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch spoke to Francona after the interview and the former Red Sox manager said: “There is a huge amount of tradition. A good organization. I was just excited to back in there and talk to them. Whatever happens, happens.”
Strauss also reports that Francona declined to comment on whether he’s a candidate for the Cubs job.
Tomorrow the Cardinals are scheduled to interview third base coach Jose Oquendo and Phillies minor-league manager Ryne Sandberg, and they’ve already interviewed Mike Matheny, Chris Maloney, and Joe McEwing..
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 34
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)