Nov 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
WEEI reports that Terry Francona will interview for the Cardinals’ managerial job today. The club wants to have someone in place next week.
From afar Francona seems like such a good fit. He’s been expected to win-now for most of the past decade, so going to a win-now job — this one without clubhouse crankiness like he had in Boston — seems natural. The only x-factor is if left Boston just because that situation was deteriorating for him or, instead, if he generally is burned out right now.
As a person who has been burned out before, I can attest that it is really hard to hide that, even in a job interview, so I guess St. Louis will figure that out.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)