Nov 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
WEEI reports that Terry Francona will interview for the Cardinals’ managerial job today. The club wants to have someone in place next week.
From afar Francona seems like such a good fit. He’s been expected to win-now for most of the past decade, so going to a win-now job — this one without clubhouse crankiness like he had in Boston — seems natural. The only x-factor is if left Boston just because that situation was deteriorating for him or, instead, if he generally is burned out right now.
As a person who has been burned out before, I can attest that it is really hard to hide that, even in a job interview, so I guess St. Louis will figure that out.
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Jonson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 0
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 99
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 33
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)