Nov 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
WEEI reports that Terry Francona will interview for the Cardinals’ managerial job today. The club wants to have someone in place next week.
From afar Francona seems like such a good fit. He’s been expected to win-now for most of the past decade, so going to a win-now job — this one without clubhouse crankiness like he had in Boston — seems natural. The only x-factor is if left Boston just because that situation was deteriorating for him or, instead, if he generally is burned out right now.
As a person who has been burned out before, I can attest that it is really hard to hide that, even in a job interview, so I guess St. Louis will figure that out.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)