Nov 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Oswalt makes a lot of sense for the Nationals. He’d be a much heavier rotation anchor than he might be for other teams, relatively speaking.
Could be a financial anchor too, if the Nats decided to give him a traditional multi-year deal, what with his back on the verge of going kaplooey at any moment. But that’s the sort of thing you do when you’re trying to get over the hump like the Nats are. All things being equal, Oswalt probably tries to go to a winner. The Nats have to make things not-equal.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)