Nov 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Oswalt makes a lot of sense for the Nationals. He’d be a much heavier rotation anchor than he might be for other teams, relatively speaking.
Could be a financial anchor too, if the Nats decided to give him a traditional multi-year deal, what with his back on the verge of going kaplooey at any moment. But that’s the sort of thing you do when you’re trying to get over the hump like the Nats are. All things being equal, Oswalt probably tries to go to a winner. The Nats have to make things not-equal.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27