Nov 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Oswalt makes a lot of sense for the Nationals. He’d be a much heavier rotation anchor than he might be for other teams, relatively speaking.
Could be a financial anchor too, if the Nats decided to give him a traditional multi-year deal, what with his back on the verge of going kaplooey at any moment. But that’s the sort of thing you do when you’re trying to get over the hump like the Nats are. All things being equal, Oswalt probably tries to go to a winner. The Nats have to make things not-equal.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)