Nov 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Oswalt makes a lot of sense for the Nationals. He’d be a much heavier rotation anchor than he might be for other teams, relatively speaking.
Could be a financial anchor too, if the Nats decided to give him a traditional multi-year deal, what with his back on the verge of going kaplooey at any moment. But that’s the sort of thing you do when you’re trying to get over the hump like the Nats are. All things being equal, Oswalt probably tries to go to a winner. The Nats have to make things not-equal.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)