Nov 9, 2011, 11:34 AM EST
Gator bait, courtesy of Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald:
Marlins prez David Samson “we’re going to be drawing 30,000 to 35,000 every single game” in new ballpark
Maybe the novelty of the new park will change the game. And of course if the Feesh do go on a big spending spree and land some free agents there could be legitimate excitement. But it’s worth noting that the Marlins have averaged 30,000 fans a game or more only twice in their history: 1993 and 1994. And it’s still a team that finished 30 games out of first place.
But hey, optimism.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 91
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 27
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)