Nov 9, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Gator bait, courtesy of Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald:
Marlins prez David Samson “we’re going to be drawing 30,000 to 35,000 every single game” in new ballpark
Maybe the novelty of the new park will change the game. And of course if the Feesh do go on a big spending spree and land some free agents there could be legitimate excitement. But it’s worth noting that the Marlins have averaged 30,000 fans a game or more only twice in their history: 1993 and 1994. And it’s still a team that finished 30 games out of first place.
But hey, optimism.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)