Nov 9, 2011, 11:34 AM EST
Gator bait, courtesy of Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald:
Marlins prez David Samson “we’re going to be drawing 30,000 to 35,000 every single game” in new ballpark
Maybe the novelty of the new park will change the game. And of course if the Feesh do go on a big spending spree and land some free agents there could be legitimate excitement. But it’s worth noting that the Marlins have averaged 30,000 fans a game or more only twice in their history: 1993 and 1994. And it’s still a team that finished 30 games out of first place.
But hey, optimism.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)