Nov 9, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Gator bait, courtesy of Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald:
Marlins prez David Samson “we’re going to be drawing 30,000 to 35,000 every single game” in new ballpark
Maybe the novelty of the new park will change the game. And of course if the Feesh do go on a big spending spree and land some free agents there could be legitimate excitement. But it’s worth noting that the Marlins have averaged 30,000 fans a game or more only twice in their history: 1993 and 1994. And it’s still a team that finished 30 games out of first place.
But hey, optimism.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'