Nov 9, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Padres gave the press a sneak peek at their new logos and uniforms Wednesday night in San Diego.
There had been some push from the Friars’ fanbase to revert back to the brown and gold uniforms of the ’70s and ’80s, but that change was deemed too drastic by the organization’s higher-ups.
They’ve simply cleaned things up, going for a more classic look while maintaining the blue-and-white scheme.
CNBC’s Darren Rovell has the goods on the logos:
And check this link for a picture of the new uniforms, courtesy of the North County Times‘ Dan Hayes.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)