Nov 9, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Padres gave the press a sneak peek at their new logos and uniforms Wednesday night in San Diego.
There had been some push from the Friars’ fanbase to revert back to the brown and gold uniforms of the ’70s and ’80s, but that change was deemed too drastic by the organization’s higher-ups.
They’ve simply cleaned things up, going for a more classic look while maintaining the blue-and-white scheme.
CNBC’s Darren Rovell has the goods on the logos:
And check this link for a picture of the new uniforms, courtesy of the North County Times‘ Dan Hayes.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 5
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 53
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)