Nov 9, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Padres gave the press a sneak peek at their new logos and uniforms Wednesday night in San Diego.
There had been some push from the Friars’ fanbase to revert back to the brown and gold uniforms of the ’70s and ’80s, but that change was deemed too drastic by the organization’s higher-ups.
They’ve simply cleaned things up, going for a more classic look while maintaining the blue-and-white scheme.
CNBC’s Darren Rovell has the goods on the logos:
And check this link for a picture of the new uniforms, courtesy of the North County Times‘ Dan Hayes.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)