Nov 9, 2011, 7:58 PM EST
The Padres gave the press a sneak peek at their new logos and uniforms Wednesday night in San Diego.
There had been some push from the Friars’ fanbase to revert back to the brown and gold uniforms of the ’70s and ’80s, but that change was deemed too drastic by the organization’s higher-ups.
They’ve simply cleaned things up, going for a more classic look while maintaining the blue-and-white scheme.
CNBC’s Darren Rovell has the goods on the logos:
And check this link for a picture of the new uniforms, courtesy of the North County Times‘ Dan Hayes.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)