Nov 9, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Because it’s getting old to simply spout off the same old cliches about Japanese pitchers’ ability to make it in the United States, it’s a good time to look at an actual Yu Darvish scouting report. There’s one over at ProjectProspect.com today for your viewing pleasure.
The big takeaway: we probably need to stop lumping him in with other Japanese pitchers. He sounds like a totally different and better thing.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)