Nov 10, 2011, 5:26 PM EDT
Jon Heyman tweet: “hearing dontrelle willis is drawing lots of interest. nice story if he takes another step forward next yr.”
I’m struggling to think of who is showing interest in Willis and why. Yes, Willis did take a step forward, but given how far back he had fallen over the previous several years that’s not saying all that much. He still had an ERA of 5.00 and WHIP of 1.520.
I suppose once someone does something great like Willis did in the early part of his career that it’s hard to shake the notion that he could do it again. I also suppose that rather than criticize such a stance it would be nicer to say that it represents hope and optimism. But no, it ain’t likely that Willis is truly going to be able to help anyone next year.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)