Nov 10, 2011, 5:26 PM EDT
Jon Heyman tweet: “hearing dontrelle willis is drawing lots of interest. nice story if he takes another step forward next yr.”
I’m struggling to think of who is showing interest in Willis and why. Yes, Willis did take a step forward, but given how far back he had fallen over the previous several years that’s not saying all that much. He still had an ERA of 5.00 and WHIP of 1.520.
I suppose once someone does something great like Willis did in the early part of his career that it’s hard to shake the notion that he could do it again. I also suppose that rather than criticize such a stance it would be nicer to say that it represents hope and optimism. But no, it ain’t likely that Willis is truly going to be able to help anyone next year.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 28
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 102
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32