Nov 10, 2011, 5:26 PM EDT
Jon Heyman tweet: ”hearing dontrelle willis is drawing lots of interest. nice story if he takes another step forward next yr.”
I’m struggling to think of who is showing interest in Willis and why. Yes, Willis did take a step forward, but given how far back he had fallen over the previous several years that’s not saying all that much. He still had an ERA of 5.00 and WHIP of 1.520.
I suppose once someone does something great like Willis did in the early part of his career that it’s hard to shake the notion that he could do it again. I also suppose that rather than criticize such a stance it would be nicer to say that it represents hope and optimism. But no, it ain’t likely that Willis is truly going to be able to help anyone next year.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)