Nov 10, 2011, 5:26 PM EDT
Jon Heyman tweet: “hearing dontrelle willis is drawing lots of interest. nice story if he takes another step forward next yr.”
I’m struggling to think of who is showing interest in Willis and why. Yes, Willis did take a step forward, but given how far back he had fallen over the previous several years that’s not saying all that much. He still had an ERA of 5.00 and WHIP of 1.520.
I suppose once someone does something great like Willis did in the early part of his career that it’s hard to shake the notion that he could do it again. I also suppose that rather than criticize such a stance it would be nicer to say that it represents hope and optimism. But no, it ain’t likely that Willis is truly going to be able to help anyone next year.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 0
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15