Nov 10, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Aoki is almost 30. He hits for average — cracked 20 homers once, but usually hovers around 15 — who turns 30 in January. He has a .329 lifetime batting average and has won the Central League batting crown thrice.
I know it’s lame to compare Japanese players to other Japanese players just because they’re Japanese, but Tsuyoshi Nishioka‘s rep was being a solid contact hitter too and that has worked out fairly poorly thus far. So it’s probably not a good thing to get crazy-excited about Aoki, even if he might fit in nicely on several clubs.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)