Nov 10, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Aoki is almost 30. He hits for average — cracked 20 homers once, but usually hovers around 15 — who turns 30 in January. He has a .329 lifetime batting average and has won the Central League batting crown thrice.
I know it’s lame to compare Japanese players to other Japanese players just because they’re Japanese, but Tsuyoshi Nishioka‘s rep was being a solid contact hitter too and that has worked out fairly poorly thus far. So it’s probably not a good thing to get crazy-excited about Aoki, even if he might fit in nicely on several clubs.
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 6
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 1
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 3
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 31
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)