Nov 10, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
Well, Jimmy Rollins‘ friend says he has interest from six teams. Jayson Stark says that the Phillies, Cardinals, Brewers, Braves and Giants are likely among those six. For the sixth one, I’m going to guess the 1947 St. Louis Browns. Which makes no sense because Vern Stevens is easily one of their best hitters, but that’s the hot stove season for you.
Anyway, Matthew had a great post on Rollins’ future last night and this little rumor tidbit is just a good reason for me to link it again in case you missed it.
Seriously, go read it. There is no death, kidnapping or awful reminders of how depraved humanity can be in the post at all, which makes it the best news you’ve read all day.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 32
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)