Nov 10, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
Well, Jimmy Rollins‘ friend says he has interest from six teams. Jayson Stark says that the Phillies, Cardinals, Brewers, Braves and Giants are likely among those six. For the sixth one, I’m going to guess the 1947 St. Louis Browns. Which makes no sense because Vern Stevens is easily one of their best hitters, but that’s the hot stove season for you.
Anyway, Matthew had a great post on Rollins’ future last night and this little rumor tidbit is just a good reason for me to link it again in case you missed it.
Seriously, go read it. There is no death, kidnapping or awful reminders of how depraved humanity can be in the post at all, which makes it the best news you’ve read all day.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)