Nov 10, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
Well, Jimmy Rollins‘ friend says he has interest from six teams. Jayson Stark says that the Phillies, Cardinals, Brewers, Braves and Giants are likely among those six. For the sixth one, I’m going to guess the 1947 St. Louis Browns. Which makes no sense because Vern Stevens is easily one of their best hitters, but that’s the hot stove season for you.
Anyway, Matthew had a great post on Rollins’ future last night and this little rumor tidbit is just a good reason for me to link it again in case you missed it.
Seriously, go read it. There is no death, kidnapping or awful reminders of how depraved humanity can be in the post at all, which makes it the best news you’ve read all day.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)