Nov 10, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
Well, Jimmy Rollins‘ friend says he has interest from six teams. Jayson Stark says that the Phillies, Cardinals, Brewers, Braves and Giants are likely among those six. For the sixth one, I’m going to guess the 1947 St. Louis Browns. Which makes no sense because Vern Stevens is easily one of their best hitters, but that’s the hot stove season for you.
Anyway, Matthew had a great post on Rollins’ future last night and this little rumor tidbit is just a good reason for me to link it again in case you missed it.
Seriously, go read it. There is no death, kidnapping or awful reminders of how depraved humanity can be in the post at all, which makes it the best news you’ve read all day.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)