Nov 10, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
Are the Venezuelan authorities up to the task of finding him?
No. Kidnapping is a problem most effectively dealt with by civilian law enforcement—the police. But Chávez [Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez] has done everything he can to give control to the military to weaken the police. The military does not have the method of operation or training to deal with a kidnapping …
Do you think Ramos’s life is at risk?
If this is a ransom kidnapping, then the risk of harm is low.
Interesting reading on a harrowing day.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona