Nov 10, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
Are the Venezuelan authorities up to the task of finding him?
No. Kidnapping is a problem most effectively dealt with by civilian law enforcement—the police. But Chávez [Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez] has done everything he can to give control to the military to weaken the police. The military does not have the method of operation or training to deal with a kidnapping …
Do you think Ramos’s life is at risk?
If this is a ransom kidnapping, then the risk of harm is low.
Interesting reading on a harrowing day.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 0
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 12
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 8
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)