Nov 10, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
Pat Burrell says his baseball career is likely over because of a right foot injury that limited him in 2010 for the Giants. While Burrell acknowledged late in the year that he would contemplate retirement if he couldn’t return to full strength, he now says that’s probably the direction he is headed this winter – though he has yet to make a final decision.
If his career is over, he finishes it with a line of .253/.361/.472, which translates to an OPS+ of 116. He hit 292 homers and drove in 976. Word on the street is that he was a popular gent out on the town too.
Not a bad way to spend 12 years between your early 20s and mid-30s.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)