Nov 10, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
UPDATE: Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports hears that Barajas will make $4 million next season while the contract includes a $3.5 million option for 2013. Barajas made $3.25 million with the Dodgers in 2011.
Barajas, 36, batted .230/.287/.430 with 16 home runs and 47 RBI over 336 plate appearances with the Dodgers this season. His .717 OPS was 20th among MLB catchers with at least 250 plate appearances. He threw out 25 percent (20-for-80) of would-be basestealers.
Barajas was a Type B free agent this offseason, so the Dodgers will receive a compensatory draft pick in the 2012 First-Year Player Draft.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)