Nov 10, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
The lack of quality starting pitchers available in free agency is pretty well documented, so it comes as no surprise that Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com is hearing the White Sox are drawing trade interest in John Danks and Gavin Floyd.
Danks, who turns 27 in April, went 8-12 with a 4.33 ERA and 135/46 K/BB ratio over 170 1/3 innings this season. He is due between $7-8 million in his final season of arbitration.
Rosenthal writes that Danks could be a target for large-market teams while Jon Heyman of SI.com throws the Rangers out there as a possible fit. Of course, the southpaw was originally drafted by the Rangers back in 2003, but general manager Jon Daniels swapped him to the White Sox in December of 2006 for Brandon McCarthy.
Floyd, who turns 29 in January, went 12-13 with a 4.37 ERA and 151/45 K/BB ratio over 193 2/3 innings this season. He is under contract for $7 million next season while his contract includes a $9.5 million club option for 2013. The additional flexibility could make him an attractive trade option for a wide range of teams.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (219)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)