Nov 10, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
The lack of quality starting pitchers available in free agency is pretty well documented, so it comes as no surprise that Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com is hearing the White Sox are drawing trade interest in John Danks and Gavin Floyd.
Danks, who turns 27 in April, went 8-12 with a 4.33 ERA and 135/46 K/BB ratio over 170 1/3 innings this season. He is due between $7-8 million in his final season of arbitration.
Rosenthal writes that Danks could be a target for large-market teams while Jon Heyman of SI.com throws the Rangers out there as a possible fit. Of course, the southpaw was originally drafted by the Rangers back in 2003, but general manager Jon Daniels swapped him to the White Sox in December of 2006 for Brandon McCarthy.
Floyd, who turns 29 in January, went 12-13 with a 4.37 ERA and 151/45 K/BB ratio over 193 2/3 innings this season. He is under contract for $7 million next season while his contract includes a $9.5 million club option for 2013. The additional flexibility could make him an attractive trade option for a wide range of teams.
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 12
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 19
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)