Nov 10, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
If you missed the absolutely stunning news last night, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in Venezuela. The details, such as we currently have them, can all be read over in our original thread.
Obviously we’ll continue to update this story as we learn new things today, but for now the only new information, such as it is, is that as of this morning there has still been no word or demands from Ramos’ kidnappers.
Jose Grasso, the president of the Venezuelan Professional Baseball League in which Ramos is currently playing, said that they will not suspend games during this crisis. His league, I suppose he can do what he wants.
Here’s hoping that this ends with Ramos’ safe return today. Man. What is wrong with people?
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)