Nov 10, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
If you missed the absolutely stunning news last night, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in Venezuela. The details, such as we currently have them, can all be read over in our original thread.
Obviously we’ll continue to update this story as we learn new things today, but for now the only new information, such as it is, is that as of this morning there has still been no word or demands from Ramos’ kidnappers.
Jose Grasso, the president of the Venezuelan Professional Baseball League in which Ramos is currently playing, said that they will not suspend games during this crisis. His league, I suppose he can do what he wants.
Here’s hoping that this ends with Ramos’ safe return today. Man. What is wrong with people?
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)