Nov 10, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
If you missed the absolutely stunning news last night, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in Venezuela. The details, such as we currently have them, can all be read over in our original thread.
Obviously we’ll continue to update this story as we learn new things today, but for now the only new information, such as it is, is that as of this morning there has still been no word or demands from Ramos’ kidnappers.
Jose Grasso, the president of the Venezuelan Professional Baseball League in which Ramos is currently playing, said that they will not suspend games during this crisis. His league, I suppose he can do what he wants.
Here’s hoping that this ends with Ramos’ safe return today. Man. What is wrong with people?
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 44
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)