Nov 10, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
If you missed the absolutely stunning news last night, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in Venezuela. The details, such as we currently have them, can all be read over in our original thread.
Obviously we’ll continue to update this story as we learn new things today, but for now the only new information, such as it is, is that as of this morning there has still been no word or demands from Ramos’ kidnappers.
Jose Grasso, the president of the Venezuelan Professional Baseball League in which Ramos is currently playing, said that they will not suspend games during this crisis. His league, I suppose he can do what he wants.
Here’s hoping that this ends with Ramos’ safe return today. Man. What is wrong with people?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 60
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 42
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 45
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 66
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead