Nov 10, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
If you missed the absolutely stunning news last night, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in Venezuela. The details, such as we currently have them, can all be read over in our original thread.
Obviously we’ll continue to update this story as we learn new things today, but for now the only new information, such as it is, is that as of this morning there has still been no word or demands from Ramos’ kidnappers.
Jose Grasso, the president of the Venezuelan Professional Baseball League in which Ramos is currently playing, said that they will not suspend games during this crisis. His league, I suppose he can do what he wants.
Here’s hoping that this ends with Ramos’ safe return today. Man. What is wrong with people?
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 19
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 109
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)