Nov 10, 2011, 8:16 AM EST
The Marlins season ticket sales push — er, I mean, their efforts to improve their team — continue as they have now been linked to yet another top free agent: Carlos Beltran.
That comes via a report from Tim Brown of Yahoo!, who says the Marlins have expressed interest in Carlos Beltran. It’s a passing mention — it’s not like Beltran is flying into Miami for lunch today or anything — but it is rather striking the degree to which Miami has been mentioned as being interested in just about every free agent out there.
I don’t want to be cynical. I really don’t. But part of me really thinks that someone in the Marlins front office is just throwing names out there in an effort to create some heat for the team as they move into their new park, have their big uniform and logo unveiling on Friday and all of that. I hope I’m wrong about that and that Jeff Loria really is prepared to spend tens of millions more on players. But I have to say, I’ll believe it when I see it.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 10
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 71
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)