Nov 10, 2011, 8:16 AM EDT
The Marlins season ticket sales push — er, I mean, their efforts to improve their team — continue as they have now been linked to yet another top free agent: Carlos Beltran.
That comes via a report from Tim Brown of Yahoo!, who says the Marlins have expressed interest in Carlos Beltran. It’s a passing mention — it’s not like Beltran is flying into Miami for lunch today or anything — but it is rather striking the degree to which Miami has been mentioned as being interested in just about every free agent out there.
I don’t want to be cynical. I really don’t. But part of me really thinks that someone in the Marlins front office is just throwing names out there in an effort to create some heat for the team as they move into their new park, have their big uniform and logo unveiling on Friday and all of that. I hope I’m wrong about that and that Jeff Loria really is prepared to spend tens of millions more on players. But I have to say, I’ll believe it when I see it.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)