Nov 10, 2011, 9:44 AM EDT
The idea, Renck says, would be to put Prado in at second base full time, which is something he can’t do in Atlanta anymore now that Dan Uggla is around. The Rockies may be a good match for the Braves, what with their outfield depth and the Braves’ lack thereof. Renck mentions Seth Smith as a possibility in return. Charlie Blackmon, a center field prospect could be another possibility.
Prado suffered a sharp decline in 2011 with the shift to left field and nagging injuries cutting into his production. Still, he’s still young and has shown that, when he’s on, he has a nice bat which would look way better at second base than it does in left field.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)