Nov 10, 2011, 9:44 AM EST
The idea, Renck says, would be to put Prado in at second base full time, which is something he can’t do in Atlanta anymore now that Dan Uggla is around. The Rockies may be a good match for the Braves, what with their outfield depth and the Braves’ lack thereof. Renck mentions Seth Smith as a possibility in return. Charlie Blackmon, a center field prospect could be another possibility.
Prado suffered a sharp decline in 2011 with the shift to left field and nagging injuries cutting into his production. Still, he’s still young and has shown that, when he’s on, he has a nice bat which would look way better at second base than it does in left field.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)