Nov 10, 2011, 9:44 AM EDT
The idea, Renck says, would be to put Prado in at second base full time, which is something he can’t do in Atlanta anymore now that Dan Uggla is around. The Rockies may be a good match for the Braves, what with their outfield depth and the Braves’ lack thereof. Renck mentions Seth Smith as a possibility in return. Charlie Blackmon, a center field prospect could be another possibility.
Prado suffered a sharp decline in 2011 with the shift to left field and nagging injuries cutting into his production. Still, he’s still young and has shown that, when he’s on, he has a nice bat which would look way better at second base than it does in left field.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)