Nov 10, 2011, 9:44 AM EDT
The idea, Renck says, would be to put Prado in at second base full time, which is something he can’t do in Atlanta anymore now that Dan Uggla is around. The Rockies may be a good match for the Braves, what with their outfield depth and the Braves’ lack thereof. Renck mentions Seth Smith as a possibility in return. Charlie Blackmon, a center field prospect could be another possibility.
Prado suffered a sharp decline in 2011 with the shift to left field and nagging injuries cutting into his production. Still, he’s still young and has shown that, when he’s on, he has a nice bat which would look way better at second base than it does in left field.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)