Nov 10, 2011, 12:12 PM EDT
This is not unexpected as kidnapping in Venezuela has traditionally been a financial affair so it’s not necessarily reasonable to expect any harm to come to Ramos. That said: when you kick off a serious crime anything can happen, so it’s good news to hear that Ramos is still safe.
10:31 AM: Still no word from the Wilson Ramos kidnappers, but apparently the vehicle that was used in the kidnapping has been found abandoned an hour away from Ramos’ home.
I fear that any new information in this story will come out in drips and drabs like that all day today. In the meantime, a good Twitter follow for updates is Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post. He can be followed here. His latest story on the matter is here.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 41
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut