Nov 10, 2011, 12:12 PM EST
This is not unexpected as kidnapping in Venezuela has traditionally been a financial affair so it’s not necessarily reasonable to expect any harm to come to Ramos. That said: when you kick off a serious crime anything can happen, so it’s good news to hear that Ramos is still safe.
10:31 AM: Still no word from the Wilson Ramos kidnappers, but apparently the vehicle that was used in the kidnapping has been found abandoned an hour away from Ramos’ home.
I fear that any new information in this story will come out in drips and drabs like that all day today. In the meantime, a good Twitter follow for updates is Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post. He can be followed here. His latest story on the matter is here.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 0
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 50
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)