Nov 10, 2011, 12:12 PM EDT
This is not unexpected as kidnapping in Venezuela has traditionally been a financial affair so it’s not necessarily reasonable to expect any harm to come to Ramos. That said: when you kick off a serious crime anything can happen, so it’s good news to hear that Ramos is still safe.
10:31 AM: Still no word from the Wilson Ramos kidnappers, but apparently the vehicle that was used in the kidnapping has been found abandoned an hour away from Ramos’ home.
I fear that any new information in this story will come out in drips and drabs like that all day today. In the meantime, a good Twitter follow for updates is Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post. He can be followed here. His latest story on the matter is here.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)