Nov 11, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
There’s no truth to the rumor that we’re changing the name of this site to MarlinsBallTalk. It just feels that way.
Anyway: the Marlins will officially unveil all of their newness — name, logo, uniforms, etc. — tonight, but David Villavicencio has snagged what looks like a sneak peak from what appears to be season tickets or season ticket forms or something:
Said it before and I’ll say it again: the hell with the haters. I like ‘em. I like that they’re doing something fresh and new. There was a time in this country when we didn’t look backwards all the time. We looked forward and tried stuff and didn’t care all that much if, in a few years, we realized it was a mistake.
Leave the understated block letters to the franchises crushed under the weight of their own history. If your team is less than 20-years-old, let your freak flag fly.
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 44
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 74
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 12
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 28
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)