Nov 11, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
There’s no truth to the rumor that we’re changing the name of this site to MarlinsBallTalk. It just feels that way.
Anyway: the Marlins will officially unveil all of their newness — name, logo, uniforms, etc. — tonight, but David Villavicencio has snagged what looks like a sneak peak from what appears to be season tickets or season ticket forms or something:
Said it before and I’ll say it again: the hell with the haters. I like ‘em. I like that they’re doing something fresh and new. There was a time in this country when we didn’t look backwards all the time. We looked forward and tried stuff and didn’t care all that much if, in a few years, we realized it was a mistake.
Leave the understated block letters to the franchises crushed under the weight of their own history. If your team is less than 20-years-old, let your freak flag fly.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 50
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)