Nov 11, 2011, 8:58 AM EDT
We knew that the Marlins met with Jose Reyes on Wednesday, but Jorge Sedano of 790 AM The Ticket in Miami tweeted last night that Reyes is “almost a done deal” in Miami.
This would certainly be a major deal for the Marlins. It would mean Hanley Ramirez would have to move, most likely to third base. Not that he shouldn’t keep his shortstop pants in his locker given Reyes’ injury history, but still.
Today is the official unveiling of the Marlins new uniforms, logos, and team name — the Miami Marlins — how freakin’ huge would it be if it was also the day they reeled in their biggest free agent catch in years?
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 0
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 38
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)