Nov 11, 2011, 8:58 AM EDT
We knew that the Marlins met with Jose Reyes on Wednesday, but Jorge Sedano of 790 AM The Ticket in Miami tweeted last night that Reyes is “almost a done deal” in Miami.
This would certainly be a major deal for the Marlins. It would mean Hanley Ramirez would have to move, most likely to third base. Not that he shouldn’t keep his shortstop pants in his locker given Reyes’ injury history, but still.
Today is the official unveiling of the Marlins new uniforms, logos, and team name — the Miami Marlins — how freakin’ huge would it be if it was also the day they reeled in their biggest free agent catch in years?
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)