Nov 11, 2011, 8:58 AM EDT
We knew that the Marlins met with Jose Reyes on Wednesday, but Jorge Sedano of 790 AM The Ticket in Miami tweeted last night that Reyes is “almost a done deal” in Miami.
This would certainly be a major deal for the Marlins. It would mean Hanley Ramirez would have to move, most likely to third base. Not that he shouldn’t keep his shortstop pants in his locker given Reyes’ injury history, but still.
Today is the official unveiling of the Marlins new uniforms, logos, and team name — the Miami Marlins — how freakin’ huge would it be if it was also the day they reeled in their biggest free agent catch in years?
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)