Nov 11, 2011, 1:57 PM EDT
The fact of the offer is not news — Nick Piecoro reported this earlier this week — but then it was said to have been an open-ended thing with nothing imminent. Magurder’s report of the deadline is new. Perchance Kevin Towers is trying to spur Mr. Hill into action one way or the other.
It has been infielderpalooza for Arizona so far this fall. They have already signed John McDonald and Willie Bloomquist. Hill is the most valuable of the bunch by far, of course, having hit .315/.386/.492 in 33 games after being acquired from the Jays.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)