Nov 11, 2011, 1:57 PM EDT
The fact of the offer is not news — Nick Piecoro reported this earlier this week — but then it was said to have been an open-ended thing with nothing imminent. Magurder’s report of the deadline is new. Perchance Kevin Towers is trying to spur Mr. Hill into action one way or the other.
It has been infielderpalooza for Arizona so far this fall. They have already signed John McDonald and Willie Bloomquist. Hill is the most valuable of the bunch by far, of course, having hit .315/.386/.492 in 33 games after being acquired from the Jays.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)