Nov 11, 2011, 1:57 PM EDT
The fact of the offer is not news — Nick Piecoro reported this earlier this week — but then it was said to have been an open-ended thing with nothing imminent. Magurder’s report of the deadline is new. Perchance Kevin Towers is trying to spur Mr. Hill into action one way or the other.
It has been infielderpalooza for Arizona so far this fall. They have already signed John McDonald and Willie Bloomquist. Hill is the most valuable of the bunch by far, of course, having hit .315/.386/.492 in 33 games after being acquired from the Jays.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (110)