Nov 11, 2011, 1:57 PM EDT
The fact of the offer is not news — Nick Piecoro reported this earlier this week — but then it was said to have been an open-ended thing with nothing imminent. Magurder’s report of the deadline is new. Perchance Kevin Towers is trying to spur Mr. Hill into action one way or the other.
It has been infielderpalooza for Arizona so far this fall. They have already signed John McDonald and Willie Bloomquist. Hill is the most valuable of the bunch by far, of course, having hit .315/.386/.492 in 33 games after being acquired from the Jays.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)