Nov 11, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
The Florida Marlins are no longer.
Ushering in a new era for their new ballpark in Little Havana, owner Jeffrey Loria unveiled the team’s new identity a little less than an hour ago. In addition to the new name, the Miami Marlins, they have a new logo and uniforms.
The logo, to your right, is one of baseball’s worst kept secrets while the uniforms are very close to what we have seen leaked over the past few days.
Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel has a look at the different styles here. They’re growing on me. Then again, I was never a big fan of the Marlins’ previous logo and uniforms in the first place.
You can get a look at Logan Morrison and John Buck modeling some of the new unis here. Here’s a shot of Loria posing with some of the players, which provides a better idea of what we’ll be seeing on the field next season. In the next month or so, we’ll find out if Albert Pujols or Jose Reyes will be wearing one of them.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final