Nov 11, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
The Florida Marlins are no longer.
Ushering in a new era for their new ballpark in Little Havana, owner Jeffrey Loria unveiled the team’s new identity a little less than an hour ago. In addition to the new name, the Miami Marlins, they have a new logo and uniforms.
The logo, to your right, is one of baseball’s worst kept secrets while the uniforms are very close to what we have seen leaked over the past few days.
Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel has a look at the different styles here. They’re growing on me. Then again, I was never a big fan of the Marlins’ previous logo and uniforms in the first place.
You can get a look at Logan Morrison and John Buck modeling some of the new unis here. Here’s a shot of Loria posing with some of the players, which provides a better idea of what we’ll be seeing on the field next season. In the next month or so, we’ll find out if Albert Pujols or Jose Reyes will be wearing one of them.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)