Nov 11, 2011, 9:48 PM EST
The Florida Marlins are no longer.
Ushering in a new era for their new ballpark in Little Havana, owner Jeffrey Loria unveiled the team’s new identity a little less than an hour ago. In addition to the new name, the Miami Marlins, they have a new logo and uniforms.
The logo, to your right, is one of baseball’s worst kept secrets while the uniforms are very close to what we have seen leaked over the past few days.
Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel has a look at the different styles here. They’re growing on me. Then again, I was never a big fan of the Marlins’ previous logo and uniforms in the first place.
You can get a look at Logan Morrison and John Buck modeling some of the new unis here. Here’s a shot of Loria posing with some of the players, which provides a better idea of what we’ll be seeing on the field next season. In the next month or so, we’ll find out if Albert Pujols or Jose Reyes will be wearing one of them.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (228)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)