Nov 11, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
The Florida Marlins are no longer.
Ushering in a new era for their new ballpark in Little Havana, owner Jeffrey Loria unveiled the team’s new identity a little less than an hour ago. In addition to the new name, the Miami Marlins, they have a new logo and uniforms.
The logo, to your right, is one of baseball’s worst kept secrets while the uniforms are very close to what we have seen leaked over the past few days.
Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel has a look at the different styles here. They’re growing on me. Then again, I was never a big fan of the Marlins’ previous logo and uniforms in the first place.
You can get a look at Logan Morrison and John Buck modeling some of the new unis here. Here’s a shot of Loria posing with some of the players, which provides a better idea of what we’ll be seeing on the field next season. In the next month or so, we’ll find out if Albert Pujols or Jose Reyes will be wearing one of them.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)