Nov 11, 2011, 9:48 PM EST
The Florida Marlins are no longer.
Ushering in a new era for their new ballpark in Little Havana, owner Jeffrey Loria unveiled the team’s new identity a little less than an hour ago. In addition to the new name, the Miami Marlins, they have a new logo and uniforms.
The logo, to your right, is one of baseball’s worst kept secrets while the uniforms are very close to what we have seen leaked over the past few days.
Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel has a look at the different styles here. They’re growing on me. Then again, I was never a big fan of the Marlins’ previous logo and uniforms in the first place.
You can get a look at Logan Morrison and John Buck modeling some of the new unis here. Here’s a shot of Loria posing with some of the players, which provides a better idea of what we’ll be seeing on the field next season. In the next month or so, we’ll find out if Albert Pujols or Jose Reyes will be wearing one of them.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 178
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (196)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)