Nov 12, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
Add another team to the list of those who might be willing to take a chance on Grady Sizemore.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies have expressed interest in Sizemore. Of course, “expressed interest” is a familiar and vague piece of Hot Stove jargon, so it’s not clear if they have actually reached out to the agent for the free agent outfielder.
While Sizemore is on Colorado’s radar, Renck says it’s unlikely they will intensify their efforts until they exhaust all options on a possible trade for Atlanta’s Martin Prado. The Rockies also have Dexter Fowler locked in as their center fielder and presumably Carlos Gonzalez in right, so Sizemore would have to be amenable to a move to left field.
The Indians declined Sizemore’s $9 million club option for 2012 late last month. The Red Sox have already contacted him in recent days while the Phillies, Nationals, Mets and Athletics have also been mentioned as possibilities. Most expect the 29-year-old will sign a one-year, incentive-laden deal in hopes of reestablishing his value before testing the free agent market again next offseason.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)