Nov 12, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
Add another team to the list of those who might be willing to take a chance on Grady Sizemore.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies have expressed interest in Sizemore. Of course, “expressed interest” is a familiar and vague piece of Hot Stove jargon, so it’s not clear if they have actually reached out to the agent for the free agent outfielder.
While Sizemore is on Colorado’s radar, Renck says it’s unlikely they will intensify their efforts until they exhaust all options on a possible trade for Atlanta’s Martin Prado. The Rockies also have Dexter Fowler locked in as their center fielder and presumably Carlos Gonzalez in right, so Sizemore would have to be amenable to a move to left field.
The Indians declined Sizemore’s $9 million club option for 2012 late last month. The Red Sox have already contacted him in recent days while the Phillies, Nationals, Mets and Athletics have also been mentioned as possibilities. Most expect the 29-year-old will sign a one-year, incentive-laden deal in hopes of reestablishing his value before testing the free agent market again next offseason.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)