Nov 12, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
Add another team to the list of those who might be willing to take a chance on Grady Sizemore.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies have expressed interest in Sizemore. Of course, “expressed interest” is a familiar and vague piece of Hot Stove jargon, so it’s not clear if they have actually reached out to the agent for the free agent outfielder.
While Sizemore is on Colorado’s radar, Renck says it’s unlikely they will intensify their efforts until they exhaust all options on a possible trade for Atlanta’s Martin Prado. The Rockies also have Dexter Fowler locked in as their center fielder and presumably Carlos Gonzalez in right, so Sizemore would have to be amenable to a move to left field.
The Indians declined Sizemore’s $9 million club option for 2012 late last month. The Red Sox have already contacted him in recent days while the Phillies, Nationals, Mets and Athletics have also been mentioned as possibilities. Most expect the 29-year-old will sign a one-year, incentive-laden deal in hopes of reestablishing his value before testing the free agent market again next offseason.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires