Nov 12, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
Add another team to the list of those who might be willing to take a chance on Grady Sizemore.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies have expressed interest in Sizemore. Of course, “expressed interest” is a familiar and vague piece of Hot Stove jargon, so it’s not clear if they have actually reached out to the agent for the free agent outfielder.
While Sizemore is on Colorado’s radar, Renck says it’s unlikely they will intensify their efforts until they exhaust all options on a possible trade for Atlanta’s Martin Prado. The Rockies also have Dexter Fowler locked in as their center fielder and presumably Carlos Gonzalez in right, so Sizemore would have to be amenable to a move to left field.
The Indians declined Sizemore’s $9 million club option for 2012 late last month. The Red Sox have already contacted him in recent days while the Phillies, Nationals, Mets and Athletics have also been mentioned as possibilities. Most expect the 29-year-old will sign a one-year, incentive-laden deal in hopes of reestablishing his value before testing the free agent market again next offseason.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)