Nov 14, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Given that the first interview consisted of nine hours of conversation and a battery of managerial simulations — and given that the dude worked for Boston previously — I’m not sure what will be learned in a second Dale Sveum interview. But according to Ken Rosenthal he’s getting one.
Pete Abe says the interview could be as soon as tomorrow in Milwaukee. That’s convenient because Sveum currently works for the Brewers; and (b) the general managers and owners meetings are being held there this week.
The Sox have also interviewed Sandy Alomar Jr., Torey Lovullo, Gene Lamont, and Pete Mackanin. Mike Maddux respectfully declined, not wanting to go to Boston. The Cubs are interested in Sveum too and have already interviewed him. This could be a situation where everyone involved feels the need to strike quickly.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (98)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)