Nov 14, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Given that the first interview consisted of nine hours of conversation and a battery of managerial simulations — and given that the dude worked for Boston previously — I’m not sure what will be learned in a second Dale Sveum interview. But according to Ken Rosenthal he’s getting one.
Pete Abe says the interview could be as soon as tomorrow in Milwaukee. That’s convenient because Sveum currently works for the Brewers; and (b) the general managers and owners meetings are being held there this week.
The Sox have also interviewed Sandy Alomar Jr., Torey Lovullo, Gene Lamont, and Pete Mackanin. Mike Maddux respectfully declined, not wanting to go to Boston. The Cubs are interested in Sveum too and have already interviewed him. This could be a situation where everyone involved feels the need to strike quickly.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)