Nov 14, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Given that the first interview consisted of nine hours of conversation and a battery of managerial simulations — and given that the dude worked for Boston previously — I’m not sure what will be learned in a second Dale Sveum interview. But according to Ken Rosenthal he’s getting one.
Pete Abe says the interview could be as soon as tomorrow in Milwaukee. That’s convenient because Sveum currently works for the Brewers; and (b) the general managers and owners meetings are being held there this week.
The Sox have also interviewed Sandy Alomar Jr., Torey Lovullo, Gene Lamont, and Pete Mackanin. Mike Maddux respectfully declined, not wanting to go to Boston. The Cubs are interested in Sveum too and have already interviewed him. This could be a situation where everyone involved feels the need to strike quickly.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (96)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)