Nov 14, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Given that the first interview consisted of nine hours of conversation and a battery of managerial simulations — and given that the dude worked for Boston previously — I’m not sure what will be learned in a second Dale Sveum interview. But according to Ken Rosenthal he’s getting one.
Pete Abe says the interview could be as soon as tomorrow in Milwaukee. That’s convenient because Sveum currently works for the Brewers; and (b) the general managers and owners meetings are being held there this week.
The Sox have also interviewed Sandy Alomar Jr., Torey Lovullo, Gene Lamont, and Pete Mackanin. Mike Maddux respectfully declined, not wanting to go to Boston. The Cubs are interested in Sveum too and have already interviewed him. This could be a situation where everyone involved feels the need to strike quickly.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)