Nov 14, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Given that the first interview consisted of nine hours of conversation and a battery of managerial simulations — and given that the dude worked for Boston previously — I’m not sure what will be learned in a second Dale Sveum interview. But according to Ken Rosenthal he’s getting one.
Pete Abe says the interview could be as soon as tomorrow in Milwaukee. That’s convenient because Sveum currently works for the Brewers; and (b) the general managers and owners meetings are being held there this week.
The Sox have also interviewed Sandy Alomar Jr., Torey Lovullo, Gene Lamont, and Pete Mackanin. Mike Maddux respectfully declined, not wanting to go to Boston. The Cubs are interested in Sveum too and have already interviewed him. This could be a situation where everyone involved feels the need to strike quickly.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)