Nov 14, 2011, 2:44 PM EST
Edwin Rodriguez, who resigned as Marlins manager on June 19 after going 78-85, has signed on with the Indians as their new high Single-A skipper.
Rodriguez will manage the Carolina Mudcats, who’re becoming the Indians’ affiliate in the Carolina League for 2012.
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com notes that the 51-year-old Rodriguez served as the Carolina Mudcats’ hitting coach in 2004, back when they were the Marlins’ affiliate, and he had plenty of minor-league coaching and managing experience before landing the big-league gig in Florida.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 31
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)