Nov 14, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Edwin Rodriguez, who resigned as Marlins manager on June 19 after going 78-85, has signed on with the Indians as their new high Single-A skipper.
Rodriguez will manage the Carolina Mudcats, who’re becoming the Indians’ affiliate in the Carolina League for 2012.
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com notes that the 51-year-old Rodriguez served as the Carolina Mudcats’ hitting coach in 2004, back when they were the Marlins’ affiliate, and he had plenty of minor-league coaching and managing experience before landing the big-league gig in Florida.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)