Nov 14, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Edwin Rodriguez, who resigned as Marlins manager on June 19 after going 78-85, has signed on with the Indians as their new high Single-A skipper.
Rodriguez will manage the Carolina Mudcats, who’re becoming the Indians’ affiliate in the Carolina League for 2012.
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com notes that the 51-year-old Rodriguez served as the Carolina Mudcats’ hitting coach in 2004, back when they were the Marlins’ affiliate, and he had plenty of minor-league coaching and managing experience before landing the big-league gig in Florida.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 28
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)