Nov 14, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Edwin Rodriguez, who resigned as Marlins manager on June 19 after going 78-85, has signed on with the Indians as their new high Single-A skipper.
Rodriguez will manage the Carolina Mudcats, who’re becoming the Indians’ affiliate in the Carolina League for 2012.
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com notes that the 51-year-old Rodriguez served as the Carolina Mudcats’ hitting coach in 2004, back when they were the Marlins’ affiliate, and he had plenty of minor-league coaching and managing experience before landing the big-league gig in Florida.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)