Nov 14, 2011, 2:44 PM EST
Edwin Rodriguez, who resigned as Marlins manager on June 19 after going 78-85, has signed on with the Indians as their new high Single-A skipper.
Rodriguez will manage the Carolina Mudcats, who’re becoming the Indians’ affiliate in the Carolina League for 2012.
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com notes that the 51-year-old Rodriguez served as the Carolina Mudcats’ hitting coach in 2004, back when they were the Marlins’ affiliate, and he had plenty of minor-league coaching and managing experience before landing the big-league gig in Florida.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)