Nov 14, 2011, 4:04 PM EST
Maybe he’s not the most unbiased source on the planet, but Francisco Cordero’s agent tells MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon that his client is drawing interest from “seven or eight teams.”
Cordero wants to come back to Cincinnati, but it’s worth noting that the Reds are not going to pay Papelbonian prices for a closer. And there are lots of other options on the market, such as Ryan Madson, Heath Bell, Joe Nathan, Francisco Rodriguez, Frank Francisco, Matt Capps, Jonathan Broxton and Brad Lidge. And of course they could just try to plug in Arolids Chapman if they’re feeling adventurous.
Yeah, I said “Papelbonian.” Wanna fight about it?
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 64
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 246
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (247)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (91)