Nov 14, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT
Maybe he’s not the most unbiased source on the planet, but Francisco Cordero’s agent tells MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon that his client is drawing interest from “seven or eight teams.”
Cordero wants to come back to Cincinnati, but it’s worth noting that the Reds are not going to pay Papelbonian prices for a closer. And there are lots of other options on the market, such as Ryan Madson, Heath Bell, Joe Nathan, Francisco Rodriguez, Frank Francisco, Matt Capps, Jonathan Broxton and Brad Lidge. And of course they could just try to plug in Arolids Chapman if they’re feeling adventurous.
Yeah, I said “Papelbonian.” Wanna fight about it?
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)