Nov 14, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Lenny Dykstra may have actually had the first rational thought in years, and sadly, it’s likely going to get his bail revoked.
According to Larry Brown Sports, Dykstra’s former business manager withdrew the $30,000 bail he posted because he is fearful that Dykstra plans on leaving the county for Mexico. He basically just thinks that Dykstra is a liar and, wisely, doesn’t want to lose his money if Dykstra bolts. Smart guy. Of course when he withdrew it, Dykstra started tweeting anit-semitic stuff because, well, he’s Lenny Dykstra and he could do anything at this point and we’d all nod and say “yep.”
For Dkystra’s own sake, though? Except for that one time I pointedly told a client* that Belize is nice this time of year, I’d never advise anyone to flee justice. But really, why shouldn’t he go to Mexico? It’s not like he’s got a snowball’s chance of making anything of his life here.
Of course he wouldn’t be able to hack it there either because, last I checked, Mexico is no more tolerant of lying, thieving nogoodniks than anyplace else. But at least then Nails would have some moments of hope while he was trying to make it across the border.
*Client is due to be released from the Ohio Penitentiary in 2024.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 24
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)