Nov 14, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Lenny Dykstra may have actually had the first rational thought in years, and sadly, it’s likely going to get his bail revoked.
According to Larry Brown Sports, Dykstra’s former business manager withdrew the $30,000 bail he posted because he is fearful that Dykstra plans on leaving the county for Mexico. He basically just thinks that Dykstra is a liar and, wisely, doesn’t want to lose his money if Dykstra bolts. Smart guy. Of course when he withdrew it, Dykstra started tweeting anit-semitic stuff because, well, he’s Lenny Dykstra and he could do anything at this point and we’d all nod and say “yep.”
For Dkystra’s own sake, though? Except for that one time I pointedly told a client* that Belize is nice this time of year, I’d never advise anyone to flee justice. But really, why shouldn’t he go to Mexico? It’s not like he’s got a snowball’s chance of making anything of his life here.
Of course he wouldn’t be able to hack it there either because, last I checked, Mexico is no more tolerant of lying, thieving nogoodniks than anyplace else. But at least then Nails would have some moments of hope while he was trying to make it across the border.
*Client is due to be released from the Ohio Penitentiary in 2024.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 33
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)