Nov 14, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Lenny Dykstra may have actually had the first rational thought in years, and sadly, it’s likely going to get his bail revoked.
According to Larry Brown Sports, Dykstra’s former business manager withdrew the $30,000 bail he posted because he is fearful that Dykstra plans on leaving the county for Mexico. He basically just thinks that Dykstra is a liar and, wisely, doesn’t want to lose his money if Dykstra bolts. Smart guy. Of course when he withdrew it, Dykstra started tweeting anit-semitic stuff because, well, he’s Lenny Dykstra and he could do anything at this point and we’d all nod and say “yep.”
For Dkystra’s own sake, though? Except for that one time I pointedly told a client* that Belize is nice this time of year, I’d never advise anyone to flee justice. But really, why shouldn’t he go to Mexico? It’s not like he’s got a snowball’s chance of making anything of his life here.
Of course he wouldn’t be able to hack it there either because, last I checked, Mexico is no more tolerant of lying, thieving nogoodniks than anyplace else. But at least then Nails would have some moments of hope while he was trying to make it across the border.
*Client is due to be released from the Ohio Penitentiary in 2024.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)