Nov 14, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Lenny Dykstra may have actually had the first rational thought in years, and sadly, it’s likely going to get his bail revoked.
According to Larry Brown Sports, Dykstra’s former business manager withdrew the $30,000 bail he posted because he is fearful that Dykstra plans on leaving the county for Mexico. He basically just thinks that Dykstra is a liar and, wisely, doesn’t want to lose his money if Dykstra bolts. Smart guy. Of course when he withdrew it, Dykstra started tweeting anit-semitic stuff because, well, he’s Lenny Dykstra and he could do anything at this point and we’d all nod and say “yep.”
For Dkystra’s own sake, though? Except for that one time I pointedly told a client* that Belize is nice this time of year, I’d never advise anyone to flee justice. But really, why shouldn’t he go to Mexico? It’s not like he’s got a snowball’s chance of making anything of his life here.
Of course he wouldn’t be able to hack it there either because, last I checked, Mexico is no more tolerant of lying, thieving nogoodniks than anyplace else. But at least then Nails would have some moments of hope while he was trying to make it across the border.
*Client is due to be released from the Ohio Penitentiary in 2024.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)