Nov 14, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Lenny Dykstra may have actually had the first rational thought in years, and sadly, it’s likely going to get his bail revoked.
According to Larry Brown Sports, Dykstra’s former business manager withdrew the $30,000 bail he posted because he is fearful that Dykstra plans on leaving the county for Mexico. He basically just thinks that Dykstra is a liar and, wisely, doesn’t want to lose his money if Dykstra bolts. Smart guy. Of course when he withdrew it, Dykstra started tweeting anit-semitic stuff because, well, he’s Lenny Dykstra and he could do anything at this point and we’d all nod and say “yep.”
For Dkystra’s own sake, though? Except for that one time I pointedly told a client* that Belize is nice this time of year, I’d never advise anyone to flee justice. But really, why shouldn’t he go to Mexico? It’s not like he’s got a snowball’s chance of making anything of his life here.
Of course he wouldn’t be able to hack it there either because, last I checked, Mexico is no more tolerant of lying, thieving nogoodniks than anyplace else. But at least then Nails would have some moments of hope while he was trying to make it across the border.
*Client is due to be released from the Ohio Penitentiary in 2024.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)