Nov 14, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Because some of you care about such things I will note at the outset that this blog post by Jonathan Bernhardt is long. Quite long. But there are fewer wasted words there than in most Twitter updates.
Everyone knows that Peter Angelos is the central problem with the Orioles, but I’ve never seen it put so starkly — and, actually, fairly — than Bernhardt does. It’s one thing to curse a blue streak about Angelos and his failings, but it’s quite another thing — a quite devastating thing — to simply explain Angelos’ place in the universe, his strengths and his weaknesses and end up at the end of it all thinking “oh my god.”
It all ends up with the Orioles’ hiring of Dan Duquette as the new GM and a look at his chances to make something happen. Bernhardt isnt’ optimistic. By the time you get that far, though, you know the answer. Duquette is already a dead man walking. Even if he doesn’t know it yet.
A great read. If the length bugs you just print it out and take it to the john with you or something.
What? Oh, fine, your majesty. Whatever you say.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 7
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)