Nov 14, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Because some of you care about such things I will note at the outset that this blog post by Jonathan Bernhardt is long. Quite long. But there are fewer wasted words there than in most Twitter updates.
Everyone knows that Peter Angelos is the central problem with the Orioles, but I’ve never seen it put so starkly — and, actually, fairly — than Bernhardt does. It’s one thing to curse a blue streak about Angelos and his failings, but it’s quite another thing — a quite devastating thing — to simply explain Angelos’ place in the universe, his strengths and his weaknesses and end up at the end of it all thinking “oh my god.”
It all ends up with the Orioles’ hiring of Dan Duquette as the new GM and a look at his chances to make something happen. Bernhardt isnt’ optimistic. By the time you get that far, though, you know the answer. Duquette is already a dead man walking. Even if he doesn’t know it yet.
A great read. If the length bugs you just print it out and take it to the john with you or something.
What? Oh, fine, your majesty. Whatever you say.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)