Nov 14, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Because some of you care about such things I will note at the outset that this blog post by Jonathan Bernhardt is long. Quite long. But there are fewer wasted words there than in most Twitter updates.
Everyone knows that Peter Angelos is the central problem with the Orioles, but I’ve never seen it put so starkly — and, actually, fairly — than Bernhardt does. It’s one thing to curse a blue streak about Angelos and his failings, but it’s quite another thing — a quite devastating thing — to simply explain Angelos’ place in the universe, his strengths and his weaknesses and end up at the end of it all thinking “oh my god.”
It all ends up with the Orioles’ hiring of Dan Duquette as the new GM and a look at his chances to make something happen. Bernhardt isnt’ optimistic. By the time you get that far, though, you know the answer. Duquette is already a dead man walking. Even if he doesn’t know it yet.
A great read. If the length bugs you just print it out and take it to the john with you or something.
What? Oh, fine, your majesty. Whatever you say.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 26
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)