Nov 14, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Because some of you care about such things I will note at the outset that this blog post by Jonathan Bernhardt is long. Quite long. But there are fewer wasted words there than in most Twitter updates.
Everyone knows that Peter Angelos is the central problem with the Orioles, but I’ve never seen it put so starkly — and, actually, fairly — than Bernhardt does. It’s one thing to curse a blue streak about Angelos and his failings, but it’s quite another thing — a quite devastating thing — to simply explain Angelos’ place in the universe, his strengths and his weaknesses and end up at the end of it all thinking “oh my god.”
It all ends up with the Orioles’ hiring of Dan Duquette as the new GM and a look at his chances to make something happen. Bernhardt isnt’ optimistic. By the time you get that far, though, you know the answer. Duquette is already a dead man walking. Even if he doesn’t know it yet.
A great read. If the length bugs you just print it out and take it to the john with you or something.
What? Oh, fine, your majesty. Whatever you say.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 0
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)