Nov 14, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
Jon Heyman — who never fails to note that he’s neighbors with the guy — tweeted that Ivan Rodriguez wants to play in 2012. He also notes that several teams, including the Twins, Cardinals, Phillies, Blue Jays, Orioles, Dodgers and Marlins have expressed interest.
Pudge certainly can’t hit anymore — hasn’t been able to for years — but as long as he still has knees he’ll land one-years deals, I reckon.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 0
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 178
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 138
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (188)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (139)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)