Nov 14, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
Jon Heyman — who never fails to note that he’s neighbors with the guy — tweeted that Ivan Rodriguez wants to play in 2012. He also notes that several teams, including the Twins, Cardinals, Phillies, Blue Jays, Orioles, Dodgers and Marlins have expressed interest.
Pudge certainly can’t hit anymore — hasn’t been able to for years — but as long as he still has knees he’ll land one-years deals, I reckon.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 30
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)