Nov 14, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
That’s fine as far as it goes. The Braves seem intent on dealing him. The Tigers second base situation is pretty poor and they could use a leadoff guy, which Prado could do. Nice fit. That is, until I got to the part where Morosi says that Tigers would consider trading Delmon Young for him.
Which is less than fair. Young has some power, but he is seriously on-base challenged and plays poor defense. Which of course makes him a total Braves candidate because they just seem to like those kinds of dudes. One would hope that Atlanta would ask for more than just Delmon Young, but I could totally feature a straight up trade.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 14
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 36
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 18
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)