Nov 14, 2011, 4:35 PM EST
That’s fine as far as it goes. The Braves seem intent on dealing him. The Tigers second base situation is pretty poor and they could use a leadoff guy, which Prado could do. Nice fit. That is, until I got to the part where Morosi says that Tigers would consider trading Delmon Young for him.
Which is less than fair. Young has some power, but he is seriously on-base challenged and plays poor defense. Which of course makes him a total Braves candidate because they just seem to like those kinds of dudes. One would hope that Atlanta would ask for more than just Delmon Young, but I could totally feature a straight up trade.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)