Nov 14, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
That’s fine as far as it goes. The Braves seem intent on dealing him. The Tigers second base situation is pretty poor and they could use a leadoff guy, which Prado could do. Nice fit. That is, until I got to the part where Morosi says that Tigers would consider trading Delmon Young for him.
Which is less than fair. Young has some power, but he is seriously on-base challenged and plays poor defense. Which of course makes him a total Braves candidate because they just seem to like those kinds of dudes. One would hope that Atlanta would ask for more than just Delmon Young, but I could totally feature a straight up trade.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)