Nov 14, 2011, 4:35 PM EST
That’s fine as far as it goes. The Braves seem intent on dealing him. The Tigers second base situation is pretty poor and they could use a leadoff guy, which Prado could do. Nice fit. That is, until I got to the part where Morosi says that Tigers would consider trading Delmon Young for him.
Which is less than fair. Young has some power, but he is seriously on-base challenged and plays poor defense. Which of course makes him a total Braves candidate because they just seem to like those kinds of dudes. One would hope that Atlanta would ask for more than just Delmon Young, but I could totally feature a straight up trade.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 15
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 23
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 79
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)