Nov 15, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Anderson made 20 throws from 45 feet and afterward compared it to “walking again or riding your bike again.”
He’s aiming for a July return to game action, so Anderson will have many more hurdles to clear before the A’s can feel confident penciling him back into the rotation. But so far so good for the 24-year-old who was emerging as one of baseball’s best left-handers before the injury.
He’ll earn $3.25 million in 2012 as part of a four-year deal signed in April of 2010 and is under the A’s control through 2014.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)