Nov 15, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
Anderson made 20 throws from 45 feet and afterward compared it to “walking again or riding your bike again.”
He’s aiming for a July return to game action, so Anderson will have many more hurdles to clear before the A’s can feel confident penciling him back into the rotation. But so far so good for the 24-year-old who was emerging as one of baseball’s best left-handers before the injury.
He’ll earn $3.25 million in 2012 as part of a four-year deal signed in April of 2010 and is under the A’s control through 2014.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)