Nov 15, 2011, 4:47 PM EST
Chris Volstad has started 102 games and thrown 584 innings for the Marlins since debuting in mid-2008, but the 25-year-old right-hander wasn’t invited to the team’s new uniform unveiling last week and thinks it might hint at an upcoming trade.
“I can’t say I haven’t had those thoughts,” Volstad told Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post. “I’ll just have to wait and see what happens. I don’t really know that I could get mad at them. I mean, it would have been cool to be a part of it but I don’t know really what their plans are. Maybe my plans are with them or not, but maybe they’re not 100 percent sure yet.”
It could mean nothing, of course, and plenty of other Marlins weren’t there either, but with Volstad set for a salary bump in his first crack at arbitration it wouldn’t be surprising if he was being shopped.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)