Nov 15, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic — which happens to be one of my favorite names of a newspaper, though I’m not entirely sure why — reports that the Diamondbacks have “at least some interest” in Roy Oswalt. Piecoro noted earlier that there are many veteran starters on the Dbacks’ radar screen, including Mark Buehrle and Hiroki Kuroda.
Oswalt will certainly have a lot of suitors, with the Nationals previously reported to be making “a major push,” and the Yankees and others remaining in play as well. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Angels and Rangers have some interest and he thinks that, after C.J. Wilson, Oswalt may be the most intriguing option out there.
You never know how these things are gonna go, but I have this feeling that one pitcher is gonna sign and then, like, five others will sign in the space of the week.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)