Nov 15, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic — which happens to be one of my favorite names of a newspaper, though I’m not entirely sure why — reports that the Diamondbacks have “at least some interest” in Roy Oswalt. Piecoro noted earlier that there are many veteran starters on the Dbacks’ radar screen, including Mark Buehrle and Hiroki Kuroda.
Oswalt will certainly have a lot of suitors, with the Nationals previously reported to be making “a major push,” and the Yankees and others remaining in play as well. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Angels and Rangers have some interest and he thinks that, after C.J. Wilson, Oswalt may be the most intriguing option out there.
You never know how these things are gonna go, but I have this feeling that one pitcher is gonna sign and then, like, five others will sign in the space of the week.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 16
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)