Nov 15, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic — which happens to be one of my favorite names of a newspaper, though I’m not entirely sure why — reports that the Diamondbacks have “at least some interest” in Roy Oswalt. Piecoro noted earlier that there are many veteran starters on the Dbacks’ radar screen, including Mark Buehrle and Hiroki Kuroda.
Oswalt will certainly have a lot of suitors, with the Nationals previously reported to be making “a major push,” and the Yankees and others remaining in play as well. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Angels and Rangers have some interest and he thinks that, after C.J. Wilson, Oswalt may be the most intriguing option out there.
You never know how these things are gonna go, but I have this feeling that one pitcher is gonna sign and then, like, five others will sign in the space of the week.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 0
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)