Nov 15, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic — which happens to be one of my favorite names of a newspaper, though I’m not entirely sure why — reports that the Diamondbacks have “at least some interest” in Roy Oswalt. Piecoro noted earlier that there are many veteran starters on the Dbacks’ radar screen, including Mark Buehrle and Hiroki Kuroda.
Oswalt will certainly have a lot of suitors, with the Nationals previously reported to be making “a major push,” and the Yankees and others remaining in play as well. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Angels and Rangers have some interest and he thinks that, after C.J. Wilson, Oswalt may be the most intriguing option out there.
You never know how these things are gonna go, but I have this feeling that one pitcher is gonna sign and then, like, five others will sign in the space of the week.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)