Nov 15, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic — which happens to be one of my favorite names of a newspaper, though I’m not entirely sure why — reports that the Diamondbacks have “at least some interest” in Roy Oswalt. Piecoro noted earlier that there are many veteran starters on the Dbacks’ radar screen, including Mark Buehrle and Hiroki Kuroda.
Oswalt will certainly have a lot of suitors, with the Nationals previously reported to be making “a major push,” and the Yankees and others remaining in play as well. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Angels and Rangers have some interest and he thinks that, after C.J. Wilson, Oswalt may be the most intriguing option out there.
You never know how these things are gonna go, but I have this feeling that one pitcher is gonna sign and then, like, five others will sign in the space of the week.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)