Nov 15, 2011, 10:31 AM EDT
The Orioles have gone back to the future: orange jerseys, for the first time since 1992 and cartoon birds on the caps for the first time since 1988, at least on a regular basis. Here’s the explanation. Here’s the look:
So whaddaya think? The caps with the white fields always looked like trucker caps back in the day and they do again. But it’s not my team and there’s no one making me buy one, so I won’t complain too much. I do kind of like the cartoon bird, though. Not gonna lie. How much of that is about aesthetics and how much is nostalgia is an open question, though.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (74)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)
- Barry Bonds is back in uniform (68)