Nov 15, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
You people not in Ohio wouldn’t necessarily know this, but do understand that Grady Sizemore most likely leaving the Indians has upset a lot of women around here. I mean, I know there are always fans of cute ballplayers, but with Sizemore it seems another thing altogether. On the playground the other day a woman I know — who, as far as I can tell really doesn’t care about baseball all that much — made it a point to tell me how sad it was that he’s leaving.
Whatever. Anyway: Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have reviewed Sizemore’s medicals and expect to have him work out for them in the short term. Renck thinks it would take $5-6 million to get him. Others have suggested it would be closer to $9 million. However much, it would be a pretty big risk. Especially in Colorado, where they have a really big outfield.
Renck notes that the Rockies would have to make room for Sizemore by moving Seth Smith. There were previous rumors about a deal with the Braves for Martin Prado, but now that the Tigers are thinking the same with with respect to Delmon Young, someone would have to sweeten their offer a bit.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 19
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)