Nov 15, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
You people not in Ohio wouldn’t necessarily know this, but do understand that Grady Sizemore most likely leaving the Indians has upset a lot of women around here. I mean, I know there are always fans of cute ballplayers, but with Sizemore it seems another thing altogether. On the playground the other day a woman I know — who, as far as I can tell really doesn’t care about baseball all that much — made it a point to tell me how sad it was that he’s leaving.
Whatever. Anyway: Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have reviewed Sizemore’s medicals and expect to have him work out for them in the short term. Renck thinks it would take $5-6 million to get him. Others have suggested it would be closer to $9 million. However much, it would be a pretty big risk. Especially in Colorado, where they have a really big outfield.
Renck notes that the Rockies would have to make room for Sizemore by moving Seth Smith. There were previous rumors about a deal with the Braves for Martin Prado, but now that the Tigers are thinking the same with with respect to Delmon Young, someone would have to sweeten their offer a bit.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8