Nov 15, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
You people not in Ohio wouldn’t necessarily know this, but do understand that Grady Sizemore most likely leaving the Indians has upset a lot of women around here. I mean, I know there are always fans of cute ballplayers, but with Sizemore it seems another thing altogether. On the playground the other day a woman I know — who, as far as I can tell really doesn’t care about baseball all that much — made it a point to tell me how sad it was that he’s leaving.
Whatever. Anyway: Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have reviewed Sizemore’s medicals and expect to have him work out for them in the short term. Renck thinks it would take $5-6 million to get him. Others have suggested it would be closer to $9 million. However much, it would be a pretty big risk. Especially in Colorado, where they have a really big outfield.
Renck notes that the Rockies would have to make room for Sizemore by moving Seth Smith. There were previous rumors about a deal with the Braves for Martin Prado, but now that the Tigers are thinking the same with with respect to Delmon Young, someone would have to sweeten their offer a bit.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)