Nov 15, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
You people not in Ohio wouldn’t necessarily know this, but do understand that Grady Sizemore most likely leaving the Indians has upset a lot of women around here. I mean, I know there are always fans of cute ballplayers, but with Sizemore it seems another thing altogether. On the playground the other day a woman I know — who, as far as I can tell really doesn’t care about baseball all that much — made it a point to tell me how sad it was that he’s leaving.
Whatever. Anyway: Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have reviewed Sizemore’s medicals and expect to have him work out for them in the short term. Renck thinks it would take $5-6 million to get him. Others have suggested it would be closer to $9 million. However much, it would be a pretty big risk. Especially in Colorado, where they have a really big outfield.
Renck notes that the Rockies would have to make room for Sizemore by moving Seth Smith. There were previous rumors about a deal with the Braves for Martin Prado, but now that the Tigers are thinking the same with with respect to Delmon Young, someone would have to sweeten their offer a bit.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)