The Rockies are checking out Grady Sizemore

Nov 15, 2011, 1:30 PM EST

sizemore close Getty Images

You people not in Ohio wouldn’t necessarily know this, but do understand that Grady Sizemore most likely leaving the Indians has upset a lot of women around here. I mean, I know there are always fans of cute ballplayers, but with Sizemore it seems another thing altogether. On the playground the other day a woman I know — who, as far as I can tell really doesn’t care about baseball all that much — made it a point to tell me how sad it was that he’s leaving.

Whatever. Anyway: Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have reviewed Sizemore’s medicals and expect to have him work out for them in the short term. Renck thinks it would take $5-6 million to get him. Others have suggested it would be closer to $9 million. However much, it would be a pretty big risk. ¬†Especially in Colorado, where they have a really big outfield.

Renck notes that the Rockies would have to make room for Sizemore by moving Seth Smith. There were previous rumors about a deal with the Braves for Martin Prado, but now that the Tigers are thinking the same with with respect to Delmon Young, someone would have to sweeten their offer a bit.

1. phukyouk - Nov 15, 2011 at 1:45 PM

“The Rockies are checking out Grady Sizemore”

but the ladies are checking out Grady’s Size More?

• pbsenerchia - Nov 15, 2011 at 1:56 PM

That was awful, and you should be embarrassed. I gave it a thumbs up.

• phukyouk - Nov 15, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Blame Craig for making it so damn easy with that title.

• phukyouk - Nov 15, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Sorry, I believe his name was changed to Craig Hater

2. genericcommenter - Nov 15, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I’m in Ohio, and didn’t realize the ladies here were crazy about guys who can cover their entire package with a small teacup. I’m not sure if that helps me or hurts me.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5130)