Nov 15, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Here are some of Williams’ quotes, which certainly don’t sound very optimistic at all:
Listen, it’s professional sports. There’s a time for everyone to come. There’s a time for everyone to go. I don’t know if this is his time to go. I don’t want this to come out the wrong way because he has been as consistent of a performer as you’d ever want over the time he’s been here.
So if it comes down to he’s not here, we got to make the adjustment. That’s just the business of baseball. But it doesn’t mean we like it. It doesn’t mean that’s our preferred course. It doesn’t mean we won’t want him here. Just means this is kind of the way it has to be.
Interestingly, so far at least there are no reports of Buehrle receiving a huge offer from another team. So either those offers have been kept under wraps or the cost-cutting White Sox simply aren’t in a position to make a serious bid to keep him anyway.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 20
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 36
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims