Nov 16, 2011, 10:08 PM EST
Wilson is a shining light on a free agent market short on quality starting pitching and he might be able to land a six-year deal with so many teams desperate for rotation upgrades, but $20 million-per-season is what Roy Halladay is currently earning with the Phillies and more than what Miguel Cabrera is getting from the Tigers. In other words, it’s a reach.
But you can’t really blame his agent for asking.
Wilson, 30, registered a 2.94 ERA and 206/74 K/BB ratio in 223 1/3 innings this season for the American League champion Rangers. He had a 3.35 ERA and 170/93 K/BB ratio in 204 innings the year before.
The Marlins, Red Sox, Yankees and Angels are all said to have interest, and the Rangers also want him back.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)