Nov 16, 2011, 1:18 PM EST
Last week Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos was kidnapped at gunpoint in Venezuela and now Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Reds prospect Juan Francisco was robbed at gunpoint in the Dominican Republic yesterday.
According to the general manager of Francisco’s winter ball team he had stopped for something to eat while going to visit his parents and four men were involved in the robbery.
Francisco, who was born in the Dominican Republic and has totaled 81 games for the Reds during the past three seasons, was unharmed.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 74
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)