Nov 16, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Last week Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos was kidnapped at gunpoint in Venezuela and now Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Reds prospect Juan Francisco was robbed at gunpoint in the Dominican Republic yesterday.
According to the general manager of Francisco’s winter ball team he had stopped for something to eat while going to visit his parents and four men were involved in the robbery.
Francisco, who was born in the Dominican Republic and has totaled 81 games for the Reds during the past three seasons, was unharmed.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)