Nov 16, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Last week Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos was kidnapped at gunpoint in Venezuela and now Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Reds prospect Juan Francisco was robbed at gunpoint in the Dominican Republic yesterday.
According to the general manager of Francisco’s winter ball team he had stopped for something to eat while going to visit his parents and four men were involved in the robbery.
Francisco, who was born in the Dominican Republic and has totaled 81 games for the Reds during the past three seasons, was unharmed.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- The Lester trade is a win-win 104
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 160
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)