Nov 16, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Last week Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos was kidnapped at gunpoint in Venezuela and now Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Reds prospect Juan Francisco was robbed at gunpoint in the Dominican Republic yesterday.
According to the general manager of Francisco’s winter ball team he had stopped for something to eat while going to visit his parents and four men were involved in the robbery.
Francisco, who was born in the Dominican Republic and has totaled 81 games for the Reds during the past three seasons, was unharmed.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 38
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)