Nov 16, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
Agent Scot Boras said J.D. Drew may continue to play baseball in 2012. “I just think it depends, frankly, on the locale, winning situation, that kind of thing,” Boras said.
Wow, how nice that money has nothing to do with it. Neat!
I’m guessing Drew is done, though. I suppose there’s a chance that if he was healthy he could be useful as a platoon corner outfielder or a Jason Giambi-style bench bat. But he fell off a cliff in 2011, was injured again and — though I think he has long been unfairly maligned as a slacker — he truly did seem kind of tired of it all last year.
File this under “agent was surprised by a question about a client and gave a fairly stock, on-the-fly answer about said client’s intentions when asked.”
(link via BTF)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)