Nov 16, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
Agent Scot Boras said J.D. Drew may continue to play baseball in 2012. “I just think it depends, frankly, on the locale, winning situation, that kind of thing,” Boras said.
Wow, how nice that money has nothing to do with it. Neat!
I’m guessing Drew is done, though. I suppose there’s a chance that if he was healthy he could be useful as a platoon corner outfielder or a Jason Giambi-style bench bat. But he fell off a cliff in 2011, was injured again and — though I think he has long been unfairly maligned as a slacker — he truly did seem kind of tired of it all last year.
File this under “agent was surprised by a question about a client and gave a fairly stock, on-the-fly answer about said client’s intentions when asked.”
(link via BTF)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 340
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 52
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (340)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)