Nov 16, 2011, 8:15 AM EST
Agent Scot Boras said J.D. Drew may continue to play baseball in 2012. “I just think it depends, frankly, on the locale, winning situation, that kind of thing,” Boras said.
Wow, how nice that money has nothing to do with it. Neat!
I’m guessing Drew is done, though. I suppose there’s a chance that if he was healthy he could be useful as a platoon corner outfielder or a Jason Giambi-style bench bat. But he fell off a cliff in 2011, was injured again and — though I think he has long been unfairly maligned as a slacker — he truly did seem kind of tired of it all last year.
File this under “agent was surprised by a question about a client and gave a fairly stock, on-the-fly answer about said client’s intentions when asked.”
(link via BTF)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (304)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)