Nov 16, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
Agent Scot Boras said J.D. Drew may continue to play baseball in 2012. “I just think it depends, frankly, on the locale, winning situation, that kind of thing,” Boras said.
Wow, how nice that money has nothing to do with it. Neat!
I’m guessing Drew is done, though. I suppose there’s a chance that if he was healthy he could be useful as a platoon corner outfielder or a Jason Giambi-style bench bat. But he fell off a cliff in 2011, was injured again and — though I think he has long been unfairly maligned as a slacker — he truly did seem kind of tired of it all last year.
File this under “agent was surprised by a question about a client and gave a fairly stock, on-the-fly answer about said client’s intentions when asked.”
(link via BTF)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 24
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 24
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 38
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)