Nov 16, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
You figure that there will be umpteen teams who have at least some level of communication Buehrle so this isn’t monumental. But at least there are a couple of cool things about this prospect of Buehrle playing in Wrigley. For starters, Buehrle wouldn’t have to move. And man, selling a house still isn’t easy these days.
Added bonus: he could get added to this longer-than-I-thought-it-would-be list of guys who played for both the Cubs and the White Sox.
Yeah, I know. I miss the regular season too.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 0
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 153
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 20
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (153)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)