Nov 16, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
You figure that there will be umpteen teams who have at least some level of communication Buehrle so this isn’t monumental. But at least there are a couple of cool things about this prospect of Buehrle playing in Wrigley. For starters, Buehrle wouldn’t have to move. And man, selling a house still isn’t easy these days.
Added bonus: he could get added to this longer-than-I-thought-it-would-be list of guys who played for both the Cubs and the White Sox.
Yeah, I know. I miss the regular season too.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)