Nov 16, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
You figure that there will be umpteen teams who have at least some level of communication Buehrle so this isn’t monumental. But at least there are a couple of cool things about this prospect of Buehrle playing in Wrigley. For starters, Buehrle wouldn’t have to move. And man, selling a house still isn’t easy these days.
Added bonus: he could get added to this longer-than-I-thought-it-would-be list of guys who played for both the Cubs and the White Sox.
Yeah, I know. I miss the regular season too.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 60
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)