Nov 16, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
Orioles’ GM Dan Duquette confirmed to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com that he spoke with David Ortiz‘s agent last night. This after it was reported that the Red Sox have made Ortiz an offer to return as their DH.
This, in all likelihood, is a gambit by Ortiz to squeeze a few more bucks out of the Red Sox by using the Orioles as a bluff. Which, it seems anyway, people have increasingly been doing for a couple of years now.
Ortiz stays in Boston. If he doesn’t, I’ll eat my hat. I know some of you have been keeping track of my hat-eating promises around here, but if I remember correctly, I’m still not owed one hat meal yet.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)