Nov 16, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
Orioles’ GM Dan Duquette confirmed to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com that he spoke with David Ortiz‘s agent last night. This after it was reported that the Red Sox have made Ortiz an offer to return as their DH.
This, in all likelihood, is a gambit by Ortiz to squeeze a few more bucks out of the Red Sox by using the Orioles as a bluff. Which, it seems anyway, people have increasingly been doing for a couple of years now.
Ortiz stays in Boston. If he doesn’t, I’ll eat my hat. I know some of you have been keeping track of my hat-eating promises around here, but if I remember correctly, I’m still not owed one hat meal yet.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 20
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)