Nov 16, 2011, 11:36 AM EST
Orioles’ GM Dan Duquette confirmed to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com that he spoke with David Ortiz‘s agent last night. This after it was reported that the Red Sox have made Ortiz an offer to return as their DH.
This, in all likelihood, is a gambit by Ortiz to squeeze a few more bucks out of the Red Sox by using the Orioles as a bluff. Which, it seems anyway, people have increasingly been doing for a couple of years now.
Ortiz stays in Boston. If he doesn’t, I’ll eat my hat. I know some of you have been keeping track of my hat-eating promises around here, but if I remember correctly, I’m still not owed one hat meal yet.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (82)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)