Nov 16, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
Orioles’ GM Dan Duquette confirmed to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com that he spoke with David Ortiz‘s agent last night. This after it was reported that the Red Sox have made Ortiz an offer to return as their DH.
This, in all likelihood, is a gambit by Ortiz to squeeze a few more bucks out of the Red Sox by using the Orioles as a bluff. Which, it seems anyway, people have increasingly been doing for a couple of years now.
Ortiz stays in Boston. If he doesn’t, I’ll eat my hat. I know some of you have been keeping track of my hat-eating promises around here, but if I remember correctly, I’m still not owed one hat meal yet.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)