Nov 16, 2011, 11:36 AM EST
Orioles’ GM Dan Duquette confirmed to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com that he spoke with David Ortiz‘s agent last night. This after it was reported that the Red Sox have made Ortiz an offer to return as their DH.
This, in all likelihood, is a gambit by Ortiz to squeeze a few more bucks out of the Red Sox by using the Orioles as a bluff. Which, it seems anyway, people have increasingly been doing for a couple of years now.
Ortiz stays in Boston. If he doesn’t, I’ll eat my hat. I know some of you have been keeping track of my hat-eating promises around here, but if I remember correctly, I’m still not owed one hat meal yet.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 6
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)