Nov 17, 2011, 9:17 AM EDT
I offered my weird neurotic take on statues back in September. Short version: they creep me out because they remind me of my own mortality. Yes, I’ll take it up with my therapist at some point. Meanwhile, in Baltimore:
A club source has confirmed the Orioles will erect bronze statues of their players enshrined in the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y. – Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Jim Palmer, Earl Weaver, Eddie Murray and Cal Ripken Jr. – in an area beyond the bullpen in left-center field as part of the ballpark’s 20th anniversary celebration in 2012.
Brooks Robinson already has a statue, so it will be moved to the left-center location. No word on if they’ll ever relax the Hall-of-Famers only rule so that I can finally find a buyer for that Tippy Martinez sculpture I made.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17