Nov 17, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Remember that Nov. 1 deadline for the Theo Epstein compensation to be worked out? It’s going to take a whole lot longer.
The Red Sox and Cubs have decided to halt their talks until after the Rule 5 draft takes place on Dec. 8.
The Boston Globe reported today that the Red Sox are still insisting on a “significant” return for Epstein. They initially proposed a swap of either Starlin Castro or Matt Garza for their general manager. Reports indicated that MLB would step in and decide the compensation if nothing had been worked out by Nov. 1, but the league decided against taking such an action. Now the issue will linger into next month.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 43
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (109)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights