Nov 17, 2011, 1:45 PM EST
Remember that Nov. 1 deadline for the Theo Epstein compensation to be worked out? It’s going to take a whole lot longer.
The Red Sox and Cubs have decided to halt their talks until after the Rule 5 draft takes place on Dec. 8.
The Boston Globe reported today that the Red Sox are still insisting on a “significant” return for Epstein. They initially proposed a swap of either Starlin Castro or Matt Garza for their general manager. Reports indicated that MLB would step in and decide the compensation if nothing had been worked out by Nov. 1, but the league decided against taking such an action. Now the issue will linger into next month.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15