Nov 17, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Remember that Nov. 1 deadline for the Theo Epstein compensation to be worked out? It’s going to take a whole lot longer.
The Red Sox and Cubs have decided to halt their talks until after the Rule 5 draft takes place on Dec. 8.
The Boston Globe reported today that the Red Sox are still insisting on a “significant” return for Epstein. They initially proposed a swap of either Starlin Castro or Matt Garza for their general manager. Reports indicated that MLB would step in and decide the compensation if nothing had been worked out by Nov. 1, but the league decided against taking such an action. Now the issue will linger into next month.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 47
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)