Nov 17, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
UPDATE: It’s a done deal. Heyman reports that Schneider will make $800,000 next season with the chance at an additional $200,000 with incentives. He doesn’t specify, but we can assume this is strictly a one-year deal.
We learned yesterday that the two sides were close to an agreement. No word on the exact contract terms, but Schneider earned $1.50 million in 2011 in the final year of a two-year, $2.75 million contract.
Schneider, who turns 35 later this month, batted .176/.246/.256 with two homers, nine RBI and a .502 OPS over 139 plate appearances this season while throwing out a career-low 13 percent (3-for-23) of would-be basestealers. He’ll serve as Carlos Ruiz‘s seldom-used backup again in 2012.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)