Nov 17, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
Of course you remember the Boston Globe report from last month in which the beer and fried chicken thing — not to mention Terry Francona’s divorce and pain medication issues — came to light. Since it came out people have been saying that it was a “front office leak,” and have been blaming ownership for it all.
However, a couple of Boston radio hosts — 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak — report that “multiple sources” have said that it was Theo Epstein who did the leaking.
Now, because the Globe’s Bob Hohler is a decent journalist, it’s exceedingly unlikely that he told those guys who his source was. Which means that — and here’s where we go all “Inception” on you people — it was likely the Red Sox front office who leaked to Gresh and Zolak who the leaker was.
Which means that the people telling these radio hosts this about Epstein are slamming a guy who just left in an effort to make it clear that the Red Sox front office is not in the business of slamming people who just left.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)