Nov 17, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
Of course you remember the Boston Globe report from last month in which the beer and fried chicken thing — not to mention Terry Francona’s divorce and pain medication issues — came to light. Since it came out people have been saying that it was a “front office leak,” and have been blaming ownership for it all.
However, a couple of Boston radio hosts — 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak — report that “multiple sources” have said that it was Theo Epstein who did the leaking.
Now, because the Globe’s Bob Hohler is a decent journalist, it’s exceedingly unlikely that he told those guys who his source was. Which means that — and here’s where we go all “Inception” on you people — it was likely the Red Sox front office who leaked to Gresh and Zolak who the leaker was.
Which means that the people telling these radio hosts this about Epstein are slamming a guy who just left in an effort to make it clear that the Red Sox front office is not in the business of slamming people who just left.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)