Nov 17, 2011, 2:33 PM EST
Of course you remember the Boston Globe report from last month in which the beer and fried chicken thing — not to mention Terry Francona’s divorce and pain medication issues — came to light. Since it came out people have been saying that it was a “front office leak,” and have been blaming ownership for it all.
However, a couple of Boston radio hosts — 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak — report that “multiple sources” have said that it was Theo Epstein who did the leaking.
Now, because the Globe’s Bob Hohler is a decent journalist, it’s exceedingly unlikely that he told those guys who his source was. Which means that — and here’s where we go all “Inception” on you people — it was likely the Red Sox front office who leaked to Gresh and Zolak who the leaker was.
Which means that the people telling these radio hosts this about Epstein are slamming a guy who just left in an effort to make it clear that the Red Sox front office is not in the business of slamming people who just left.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)