Nov 17, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
Of course you remember the Boston Globe report from last month in which the beer and fried chicken thing — not to mention Terry Francona’s divorce and pain medication issues — came to light. Since it came out people have been saying that it was a “front office leak,” and have been blaming ownership for it all.
However, a couple of Boston radio hosts — 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak – report that “multiple sources” have said that it was Theo Epstein who did the leaking.
Now, because the Globe’s Bob Hohler is a decent journalist, it’s exceedingly unlikely that he told those guys who his source was. Which means that — and here’s where we go all “Inception” on you people — it was likely the Red Sox front office who leaked to Gresh and Zolak who the leaker was.
Which means that the people telling these radio hosts this about Epstein are slamming a guy who just left in an effort to make it clear that the Red Sox front office is not in the business of slamming people who just left.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)