Nov 18, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
I’m guessing Brewers fans knew this already, but I was unaware that Dale Sveum’s nickname is “nuts.” Things like deez always sort of surprise me.
Over at CSNChicago.com, Tony Andracki recounts Sveum’s answer when he asked how he got that nickname. Fun reading. Sveum is a bit cagey about it, but it’s fun reading.
I think I’m going to make up some story about how he really got that name now.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)