Nov 18, 2011, 7:14 PM EDT
With any luck, this panda won’t be squinting so much next year.
Pablo Sandoval told Beisbol por Gotas that he recently underwent LASIK surgery on his left eye.
“I’ve had problems with left eyesight since 2010,” he said. “I decided to go on with the operation today in San Francisco.”
Sandoval went on to say that he’d take a week off to recover and then resume his workouts in Arizona. He also indicated that he’s fully recovered from the left shoulder injury that the Giants originally believed might require surgery this winter. Sandoval is currently weighing playing in the Venezuelan Winter League next month.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 45
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)