Nov 18, 2011, 7:14 PM EST
With any luck, this panda won’t be squinting so much next year.
Pablo Sandoval told Beisbol por Gotas that he recently underwent LASIK surgery on his left eye.
“I’ve had problems with left eyesight since 2010,” he said. “I decided to go on with the operation today in San Francisco.”
Sandoval went on to say that he’d take a week off to recover and then resume his workouts in Arizona. He also indicated that he’s fully recovered from the left shoulder injury that the Giants originally believed might require surgery this winter. Sandoval is currently weighing playing in the Venezuelan Winter League next month.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)