Nov 18, 2011, 7:14 PM EDT
With any luck, this panda won’t be squinting so much next year.
Pablo Sandoval told Beisbol por Gotas that he recently underwent LASIK surgery on his left eye.
“I’ve had problems with left eyesight since 2010,” he said. “I decided to go on with the operation today in San Francisco.”
Sandoval went on to say that he’d take a week off to recover and then resume his workouts in Arizona. He also indicated that he’s fully recovered from the left shoulder injury that the Giants originally believed might require surgery this winter. Sandoval is currently weighing playing in the Venezuelan Winter League next month.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (159)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)