Nov 18, 2011, 7:14 PM EST
With any luck, this panda won’t be squinting so much next year.
Pablo Sandoval told Beisbol por Gotas that he recently underwent LASIK surgery on his left eye.
“I’ve had problems with left eyesight since 2010,” he said. “I decided to go on with the operation today in San Francisco.”
Sandoval went on to say that he’d take a week off to recover and then resume his workouts in Arizona. He also indicated that he’s fully recovered from the left shoulder injury that the Giants originally believed might require surgery this winter. Sandoval is currently weighing playing in the Venezuelan Winter League next month.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 37
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 34
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (78)