Nov 18, 2011, 7:14 PM EDT
With any luck, this panda won’t be squinting so much next year.
Pablo Sandoval told Beisbol por Gotas that he recently underwent LASIK surgery on his left eye.
“I’ve had problems with left eyesight since 2010,” he said. “I decided to go on with the operation today in San Francisco.”
Sandoval went on to say that he’d take a week off to recover and then resume his workouts in Arizona. He also indicated that he’s fully recovered from the left shoulder injury that the Giants originally believed might require surgery this winter. Sandoval is currently weighing playing in the Venezuelan Winter League next month.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)