Nov 18, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
Doumit is a disaster behind the plate, but he can play a little first base. His real asset is his bat. A switch hitter, he has a .271/.334/.442 career line and hit .303/.353/.477 in 2011.
That’s useful no matter how many balls get by him. And heck, if he’s playing a ton of catcher anyway, the Twins season is probably toast anyway.
Good signing. I like it.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)