Nov 18, 2011, 1:57 PM EDT
Peter Gammons was told by scouts in the Dominican Republic that Yoenis Cespedes expects a deal in the $35-50 million range.
Yikes. That’s more than Aroldis Chapman got. But then again, you’re getting six years of team control out of him, right? So amortize that and it works out well as long as he becomes even a useful regular player. If he’s a star, you’ve come out ahead.
There are still a ton of teams interested in the guy. The latest is said to be the Cubs. But really, even at close to $50 million, most teams should have at least some interest in the guy.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 10
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)